this poem actually needs input from the user. please fill in these fields with the following rules in mind:
- one digit of pie is read sequentially ( i.e. "3", then "1", then "4" )
- the value (n) of each digit is used to skip n words in the bible's revelation to john
- there is only forward motion (skipped words are "lost")
- start position allows the user to skip x initial words in the book.
- offset on pi allows the user to skip y initial digits in pi.
for the technically savvy, here's the code (everything is written is perl cgi):
bugs/code issues to be fixed:
numbers are left in from source [fixed]
inputs too large cause problems [fixed]
sometimes a word is left out [fixed]
- entire book is read in and made into wordlist making long load times
feature wish list:
adjust words per line [added]
adjust lines per poem [added]
increase offset ranges (but safely) [made digit to array converter]